It’s been thirty days since I’ve started this blog as a personal challenge to give thoughtfully everyday. It’s been a very enlightening time, and my eyes have been opened wide to the joys of giving regularly, finding needs, and helping people. Here’s the original challenge.
And here’s the Top 10 list of things I’ve learned.
10. How we talk about giving is important. Day 29
9. Giving connects you with other people. – Day 8
8. Spontaneous Giving & Scheduled Giving are good. But Thoughtful Giving may be the best. – Day 6
7. Thinking about how your gift will be received is a good idea. – Day 12
6. Giving is easy if you like what you’re doing. – Day 14
5. Trying something new can be a wonderful gift to a someone close to you. – Day 15
4. Giving is a great antidepressant. – Day 25
3. Listening is a key to giving. – Day 18
2. The best intentions in the world don’t actually help anyone. You have to deliver. – Day 4, Day 19
1. In my opinion, the best maxim for giving is still:
“If you don’t give your time, give a little. If you give a little, give more. If you give a lot, give better.” Day 9, Day 11, Day 30
Thanks for reading along!
Pingback: Post-Christmas Resolution, Day 158 – Effort. The Choice Is Yours | Resolve To Give