Today’s giving: Took one minor role in Toastmasters and tried to improve it. The role of Grammarian in Toastmasters is often overlooked. I not only tried a new technique for this club – splitting the role between two of us – but I also listened more attentively than I have in the past.
Here’s a free way to give.
But listening can be very hard. It can take a lifetime of practice. But that doesn’t mean we can’t improve.
Here are a few ideas.
- Stop what you’re doing.
- Turn your body towards the speaker.
- Ask questions to clarify.
- Paraphrase for understanding.
- Let the speaker finish before responding.
- Don’t judge.
- Join a Toastmasters club.
There are more here. Got others? Please add them in the comments!
Listening is a great way to give.