Opened the house up for the Destination Imagination team’s meeting. The DI tournament is fast approaching!
“By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals, and you’ll see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind.”
“The long pointless grind” are the key words. Sometimes, doing this challenge feels like a grind. But like the quote says, setting a goal can help.
Therefore this week, I’m going to try setting “A Giving Goal”. These will be the things that I am going to give by the end of the week, outside my normal work and family. (And yes, it is an abnormally busy week)
- Monday, teach the fourth grade engineering class
- Tuesday, Speak for the Beaverton Together organization
- Thursday, Model speaker for another Toastmaster club’s evaluation contest
- Two DI meetings
- DI Regional Tournament Saturday
- Cook supper for the family twice
- Come up with one new way to give my time this week.