I woke up quite happy after a successful DI tournament. Then I made a phone call to a relative named Rusty (name changed). Rusty was unhappy about everything and he used the word ‘problem’ more times than I could count. After thirty minutes, I was tired and my good mood was a distant memory.
I knew that giving something would help improve my mood. So I tried to give some time to a family member. My offer was refused. It was ok, but it kind of hurt. Bowed, but unbroken, I tried to keep upbeat while we cleaned the house after the DI tournament by cleaning a little better than normal and trying to keep a smile. Surprisingly it helped and happiness returned quickly.
An update on last week’s Giving Goal. I hit 5/7 goals, and did manage to cook supper once after work. I didn’t come up with a new way to give my time, so I’ll try again this week.
This week’s Giving Goal:
- Monday noon, teach the fourth grade engineering class
- Monday evening, Speak for the Beaverton Together organization again
- Thursday noon, teach fourth grade engineering
- Friday noon, final presentations for fourth grade engineering class
- Cook supper for the family twice
- Come up with one new way to give my time this week.