My daughter and I took a bouquet of flowers from our yard to a sick neighbor … Took a long walk in the park tonight with my kids, just like in an old movie.
Remember the old movies where people took long summer walks in the park? Me too. A kid dragged a stick along a picket fence. Couples strolled and chatted. Men and women talked of big ideas and small details. Time moved slow. Seems like an age gone by.
Tonight, I took a long walk in the park with my kids. Our experience?
- Two boys rode a tandem bicycle.
- Some children were petting a cat.
- Families walked and talked together.
- Skateboarders crossed our path.
- A teenager jogged by.
- Canadian geese were strutting.
- An old friend stopped to talk with us.
- Dogs frolicked.
- Ducks paddled around the lake.
- A young couple swatted a tennis ball.
- A couple boys shot some hoops.
- A woman sat reading on a blanket.
Just like an old movie.